“Lets face it: men care about how they look. If they want to make a good impression to ladies, the skin is the first place to start. And while some men’s skincare regimens consist of a cheap disposable razor and a bar of soap, the average man’s skin needs a bit more attention.”
Men today are more conscious about their physical appearance. Most men, that are considered and termed as “metrosexuals” are more open to adapt the beauty regimes that at one time are coined only for women. When you say metrosexual they are those who gives more time enhancing their appearances through grooming, beauty treatments and clothing. Metrosexual was developed to give a proper identification to males who are more in touch with their feminine side. Not all metrosexuals are a member of the third sex; in fact there are a lot of self-confessed metrosexuals who are actually straight.
One important factor for men, metrosexual or not is their facial care. Its just metrosexuals focus more on it than those who are not. We all know that the skin of a men and women highly differs; but surprisingly facial care for men is somewhat similar from that of women. Below are some tips on proper male facial care.
- For men, it is also essential to know what type of skin they have. Is it normal, oily, dry, a combination or is it sensitive? By doing so, they can determine what type of products are best suited for their skin.
- Use a cleanser or toner. A normal soap is harsh for anyone’s face and it can dry it out. Using the proper cleanser and toner cannot only thoroughly clean the face it can help prevent unwanted breakouts.
- Exfoliate. Yes, you read it right, exfoliating is also important for men. But don’t fret, you don’t need to do it everyday, once or twice a week is enough. Exfoliating not only thoroughly cleanses your face it is also a good routine to have especially if you use moisturizers and before you shave since it helps open your pores, making it easier for you to achieve that smooth shave with less razor burns for that matter.
- Like it or not, shaving is part of a man’s facial care and proper grooming. Some may have more facial hair than the other and some will opt not to shave it all off, either way, men still groom their facial hair making it their daily or weekly routine. If you’re a shaver, shave using short and level strokes and do it against the grain. Use a shaving cream that won’t cause your face to have allergic reactions and rinse the blade after each stroke. After shaving, rinse your face with cold water to close up your pores and if possible use some aftershave.
- Use a moisturizer and sunblock. Don’t ever skip both or even either one. This will help keep the skin on your face healthy and protected especially if you are exposed under the sun for long periods of time.
No matter what your facial care is, remember to always keep your face clean. Use the necessary products that are agreeable to your skin type and do not feel embarrassed that if you do take the extra mile to care for your face you are not “the man”, caring for your face is something a real man should do everyday.