Time to unplug. The Eco-Drive Limited Edition Proximity requires zero wires, or plugs to charge. Powered by light, the Eco-Drive Proximity, is a smarter watch for the tech-savvy consumer with Bluetooth compatibility to iOS and Android. The Eco-Drive Proximity features a perpetual calendar chronograph, dual time, alarm, power reserve, light level indicator, time and date sync. Additional capabilities include phone search/filter and visual/vibration alerts. This model appears in a black polyurethane strap, black ion plated stainless steel case and black dial with vibrant green detailing.
- Movement: Limited Edition, Eco-Drive W770, Bluetooth
- Functions: Perpetual Calendar, 1-Second Chronograph, Power Reserve Indicator, Alarm
- Band: Black polyurethane Strap, Fold Over Clasp with Hidden Double Push Button
- Case Size: 46mm
- Case Material: Black Stainless Steel
- Dial: Green Accented Dial
- Crystal: Anti-Reflective Sapphire Crystal
- Water Resistance: WR100/10Bar/333ft / Swimming, Showering & Snorkeling
WHAT BLOGGERS SAY ABOUT LIMITED EDITION PROXIMITY?
“The different functions utilizing the Bluetooth are very cool. While connected, your watch will notify you of incoming phone calls, emails (for up to five different email accounts), calendar notifications and, if you lose connection. This indication is established by a subtle vibration of the watch and the second hand pointing to the appropriate indicator (11 o’clock-for calls, 10 for email or calendar, and 9 for lost connection). The second hand will stay pointing at the indicator until you press the upper right button for a couple seconds, and then will jump back to perfect time. There is a ten meter sync range, so if you go outside of that, you will receive notification. If you’re quick enough to get back within range, it will automatically reconnect.”
– A BLOG TO WATCH http://www.ablogtowatch.com/citizen-proximity-bluetooth-watch-release-party-at-az-fine-time/
“Smartwatches were supposed to prevent us from looking at our phones, make it easier to live our lives without checking our pocket every six seconds. But whenever I’ve used a Pebble, I just end up checking it every six seconds, and reading a whole email or text message on my wrist instead of on my phone. I don’t mind reading on my phone — the part I hate is pulling it out of my pocket only to find all I have is a calendar notification, or that it didn’t buzz at all and I’m just insane.
The Proximity’s best feature was acting as sort of a filter: in a half-second I’d know whether or not my vibrating pocket was actually something I should pay attention to, and I’d only actually look at my phone for things that matter. It also meant I could leave my phone in my bag, or on the table, or charging in my room, without worrying about missing something really important.”
– THE VERGE https://www.theverge.com/2013/6/6/4402344/citizen-eco-drive-proximity-review-a-different-kind-of-smartwatch
Citizen Limited Edition Proximity is available in the Philippines:
- Citizen Shop SM Makati
- The Watch Store SM Cebu
- Tempus Centrio Mall
- Montre SM North Edsa The Annex
- No Curfew (SM City Lipa, SM City Cagayan De Oro, SM City Davao, SM City Iloilo, KCC Mall of Gensan, and Ayala Center)